FRANCES LANGFORD FUND FOR MARTIN COUNTY 2020-2021 GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS & INFORMATION
FOR ARTS & CULTURE AND/OR ENVIRONMENT ORGANIZATIONS
In response to recent events related to COVID-19, The Community Foundation’s Grants Committee has elected to segment funds for organizations in the fields of Arts, Culture and/or Environment.
Applications must demonstrate verifiable need and organizational sustainability. Applications should highlight collective impact possibilities where outcomes will benefit multiple organizations, a broader population, or the community at large. An ideal request will leverage relationships and resources with other entities to make, amplify, and/or magnify change.
• Martin County only.
• Be incorporated and approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3).
• Be in existence for 3 years (mandatory).
• Units of government, private and community foundations are not eligible to apply.
GRANT LIMITS AND AWARD RANGE
• One application per organization.
• Grant request range: $25,000 to $50,000.
• GuideStar rating of silver or higher.
• Organization has a well defined and viable plan for sustainability.
• Organization has identified potential and/or secured matching sources of funds.
• Up to 100% may be used for expenses related to general operations/administrative expenses.
• Salaries for essential staff.
• Program related expenses.
• Reopening and/or redesign of a facility or program following COVID-19 related closure, including PPE or janitorial supplies to meet CDC guidelines
• Capital – Purchase / renovation of property, new building, or construction.
• Fundraising activities, events, or personnel.
• Vehicles not specific to the proposed program / project.
• Staff not specific the proposed program / project.
• Debt reduction.
• Reimbursement of previously incurred expenses and/or completed projects.
• Equipment not specific to operationalizing the mission of the organization.