Applications will be accepted by invitation only.
- Applicants will complete and submit the grant application (an equivalent of 2 pages). The online platform is managed by The Community Foundation Martin – St. Lucie.
- The Grants Committee, comprised of six (6) associates and one (1) Premier Realty staff member, will jointly review and evaluate all grant applications on a quarterly basis. Site visits may be conducted.
- Applicants will be notified within a designated timeframe from the applications being reviewed (dates TBD).
- All applicants selected to become grantees will be invited to present to the entire staff at a monthly staff meeting. In addition, all grantees will be invited to participate in an annual reception.
The grants will be awarded to programs/projects that address an issue or need that will positively affect people, places, the environment or the social service delivery system in Martin County and/or St. Lucie counties. The ideal proposal will present an organization, program, or project that will result in a transformative change in one or more of the following: an organization’s service delivery model, the broader service delivery network, or a specific targeted area of need. Applications must demonstrate verifiable need, feasible meaningful outcomes, and sustainability. Applications should highlight collective impact possibilities where outcomes will benefit multiple organizations, a broader population, or the community at large. An ideal request will leverage relationships and resources with other entities to make, amplify, and/or magnify the change.
Martin County and/or St. Lucie County, Florida
- Applications will be accepted from all fields of interest.
- Applicants must:
- Be incorporated and approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3).
- Be in existence for 3 years.
- Units of government, private and community foundations are not eligible to apply.
GRANT AWARD – MEASURABLE IMPACT The grants will be awarded to organizations, proposed program(s) / project(s) and will be evaluated for cost effectiveness and impact. The outcome of the request must be quantifiable and measurable. Applications will be accepted from 501(c)(3) organizations in all fields of interest offering a program / project or service in Martin County and/or St. Lucie County.
GRANT LIMITS AND AWARD RANGE
- One grant application per applicant organization per quarter.
- Grant request range: $250 to $ 2,500.
- Supplanting – meaning funds may not be used to sustain or offset existing expenses for an ongoing project / program or service.
- Capital – Purchase of property, new building, or construction. Renovations may be considered and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Fundraising activities, events, or personnel.
- Vehicles not specific to the delivery of the proposed program / project.
- Staff not specific to the success of the request, proposed program / project.
- Debt reduction.
- Reimbursement of previously incurred expenses and/or completed projects.
- Equipment not specific to the proposed program / project.
Preference will be given to program(s) / project(s) that:
- Grant request for the proposed program / project is not more than 25% of the total organizational budget.
- Address an unmet need.
- Improve the quality of life in geographic area served.
- Use or will create a best practice.
- Leverage relationship(s) with other organizations – public and/or private.
- Have identified viable or committed matching funds.
- Have feasible outcomes that are sustainable.
- Demonstrate there is an opportunity for future scalability.